Friday 30 November 2012

Flooded Mole Tunnels

It's that time of year again when we have had a good 5 days of solid rain and the ground in soaked and starting to freeze overnight.

I received a phone call from one of my customers about another mole that has made an appearence in her prized front garden. I visited her property and found a very small amount of activity.

After collecting my mole control gear from the boot of my car I probed around looking for the tunnels. After locating one I removed the turf to expose the tunnel and found that they has been completely flooded. The ground was very wet and the soil drainage was not great.

Oh dear I thought.

After realising I was not going to be able to set any mole traps near the fresh mole hills I went for a wonder.
I decided to have a look around two fence lines at the opposite ends of the very large garden.

Both were on higher ground and I managed to find to nice runs. I set up two Talpex traps and off I went.

Upon returning the next day I was chuffed to find I had caught in both traps after nearly giving up before I had started.


1 comment:

  1. Nice catch and way to not give up! For my home in Surrey I just had some turf installation, my question is is there something that I can put in my actually turf to insure I don't get a mole problem.

    ReplyDelete